Home > Rolling Stock > Passenger Cars > Types > Coaches




GN 545


Click for larger image


Location:            Nevada City, MT


Type:                   Wood coach / smoker


Series:                 ?


Built:                    1910 (?)


Picture taken:    July 24, 2002


Remarks:            Car is currently Montana Western #545, ex GN 545, nee

                              GN 4037. It has a baggage door added to the side. It is

                              unclear if this was done by GN or MW.


GN 974


Click for larger image


Location:            Inland Empire Railway Historical Society

                              At the Fairgrounds, Spokane, WA


Type:                   80' 78 seat coach


Series:                 950-979 (4500-4529 before 1926-1927 renumbering)


Built:                    ?


Picture taken:    July 28th, 2000


GN 1096


Click for larger image


Location:           Carlton, MN on the 2001 GNRHS / NPRHA Convention

                             Steam Excursion


Type:                   56 Reclining seats with footrests coach


Series:                1086-1099 (Nicknamed 'the 400s')


Built:                    Acquired from the Chicago & North Western between

                              11-1961 and 12-1963. Built 10-1947 by Pullman as

                              C&NW 3453.


Picture taken:    July 15th, 2001


Remarks:            Owned by the Minnesota Transportation Museum and

                               normally in use on the Osceola & St. Croix Valley



GN X757


Click for larger image        Click for larger image


Location:            Minnesota Transportation Museum

                              St. Paul, MN


Type:                    59' Drovers coach / Stockman rider car


Series:                 X756-X757(?)


Built:                    1893 (?) by Barney and Smith


Picture taken:    Left:    By Eric Hopp

                              Right: July 18th, 2001                            


Remarks:            Car was converted from a coach to carry stockmen

                              accompanying livestock shipments. This car was

                              recently donated to the GNRHS by Jack Hoover and

                              moved from Great Falls, MT to the Jackson St.

                              Roundhouse in St. Paul, MN.